GOSH Arts is the arts programme at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Our wide-ranging activities are designed to encourage creativity and improve the hospital experience for everyone.
We offer art workshops, creative residences, music, performances and cultural opportunities for patients, families and staff. We also commission site-specific artworks and curate changing exhibitions spaces to improve the hospital environment.
Evidence suggests that creative environments and participating in artistic activity can have a positive impact on health and wellbeing.
Our programme has been cited as an example of best practice in the European policy glossary ‘Learning for Well-being: A Policy Priority for Children and Youth in Europe’, and received a special commendation from the Royal Society for Public Health to recognise the quality and innovation of the programme and its contribution to the field of arts and health.
GOSH Arts Team
Head of Arts: Susie Hall and Isobel Manning
Arts Officer, Programming: Caroline Moore
Arts Officer, Commissioning: Helena Copsey
We receive many generous offers of donation, but ask you to please consider the following before contacting us:
- Artwork must be suitably framed to meet our Health and Safety and Infection Prevention and Control standards. This means that all works must be framed under high quality Perspex or Acrylic. No glass will be accepted.
- Framed works must be sealed with no exposed porous surfaces i.e. raw wood frames. This is to ensure that we can suitably clean artworks with solvent-based liquids.
- We are unable to cover the costs of the delivery of artworks to the Trust.
- We have limited available wall and storage space. A suitable location for the donated work must be agreed with the GOSH Arts team prior to accepting a donation.
- Artwork must be suitable for a family audience. Where there is dispute on suitability the GOSH Arts Group made up of staff and patient representatives will assess and decide.
If you would like to donate artwork to the Trust please email email@example.com with details of the work you wish to donate, including dimensions of the work and images.
If you are an artist interested in working with GOSH Arts please email a brief proposal of your suggested project, funding and arts in health experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that, although we are committed to reviewing every proposal, we cannot provide personal feedback for every submission received.