Honorary Consultant Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon at University College London Hospital NHS Trust with a regular Monday operating list, clinic, neonatal unit ward round and fetal medicine counselling clinic.
Appointed Royal College of Surgeons Surgical Tutor for Great Ormond Street Hospital in February 2015.
Upper gastrointestinal, oncological, vascular and minimally invasive surgery in neonates and children. Interested in the clinical application of tissue engineering and fetal surgery.
Qualifications and training
Joanna graduated with first class honours from Cambridge University and completed her postgraduate training at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Royal Free Hospital, Great Ormond Street Hospital, St Georges Hospital, University Hospital Southampton and Evelina Children’s Hospital.
She has also operated overseas in Senegal, South Africa and Nepal. She was appointed as a consultant neonatal and paediatric surgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital in May 2014.
- European Council of International Schools Award for International Understanding - 1999
- Cambridge European Trust Awards for Academic Achievement - 1999-2004
- BAPS/CCLG Oncology Prize - 2009
- BAPU Urology Prize - 2010
Membership of Professional Bodies and Societies
- AFMS Anglo-French Medical Society
- BAPES British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons
- BAPS British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- EUPSA European Paediatric Surgeons’ Association
- FMLM Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- IPEG International Paediatric Endosurgery Group
- IPSO International Society of Paediatric Surgical Oncology
- RCS Royal College of Surgeons
- RSM Royal Society of Medicine
- SIOP Societe Internationale d'Oncologie Pediatrique
- SIOPEN International Collaboration for Neuroblastoma Research
Publications and book chapters on fetal anomaly outcomes, minimally invasive thoracic and oesophageal procedures. International presentations on neuroblastoma, sacrococcygeal teratoma, oesophageal and duodenal atresia.