She has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) since 2006 and runs clinics for vasculitis, arthritis and scleroderma patients.
- systemic vasculitis
- cerebrovascular inflammation
- juvenile idiopathic arthritis, myositis and lupus in adolescents
Qualifications and training
Dr Eleftheriou has a programme of research that includes:
- Discovery and development of biomarkers of vasculitis disease activity.
- Discovery of novel molecular events leading to thrombosis in the context of inflammatory vasculitis and childhood stroke.
- Novel mechanisms of vasculitis pathogenesis mediated by anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies.
- Tracking of endothelial injury in juvenile dermatomositis in children and adolescents.
The ultimate aim of her research is to understand more about the pathogenesis and facilitate the design of better diagnostic tests and treatments to improve survival and reduce short, medium and long-term morbidity for these conditions. She has numerous publications in the research fields above and frequently lectures at both national and international meetings.