Areas of expertise
- Developmental Assessment and targeted intervention for children and adolescents of all ages
- Musculoskeletal Assessment and Intervention for a range of conditions known to affect joint stability and muscle strength
- Handwriting Assessment, intervention and recommendations for schools and/or colleges
Bernie, C. & Rodger, S. (2004). Cognitive stragegy use in school-aged children with developmental co-ordination disorder. Physical therapy and Occupational therapy in Paediatrics, 24, 23-45.
Presentations at Conferences
- PRES (Paediatric Rheumatology), 2011, Bruges, Belgium: The Frequency of parent-reported motor coordination difficulties in children diagnosed with benign joint hypermobility syndrome.
- Developmental Coodination Disorder International Conference, 2011: Lausanne, Switzerland: Developmental Coordination Disorder versus Joint Hypermobility: The presence of coordination difficulties at a multidisciplinary assessment clinic for children with biomechanical pain related to hypermobility
- PRES (Paediatric Rheumatology), 2010 Valencia: Poster - Pain, Fatigue and Poor School Attendance in Young Patients with Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain Related to Hypermobility.
- National Occupational Therapy Conference, Australia, 2002: Cognitive stragegy use in school-aged children with developmental co-ordination disorder.
- Child development and developmental disorders
- Paediatric Epilepsy
- Neurometabolic Disorders
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy with First Class Honours
- Certified UK Trainer for the Cognitive Orientation to Daily Occupational Performance (CO-OP) approach.
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council and the College of Occupational Therapists
Nominee for Staff Excellence Award 2010 – Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Dyspraxia/Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Complex Epilepsy