Dr Martinez has been leading the National Epidermolysis Bullosa Service and working as a consultant in paediatric dermatology since 2003.
Areas of special interest and special expertise:
genetic skin disease
eczema and vascular malformations
Qualifications and training
- MBBS MRCP FRCPCH
Membership of professional bodies and societies:
British Society of Paediatric Dermatology (BSPD)
Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
Associate member of the British Association of Dermatologists
- Medical Advisor to the Ichthyosis Support Group
- RCPCH National Guidelines Working Group for food allergy 2009-11
- External Advisory Panel cell therapy, Netherlands from 2012-date
- International Consensus Committee of the Classification EB from 2013
- Point Of Care Committee, GOSH from 2013
- Outpatients Improvement Stakeholder Group, GOSH from 2013
- Scientific Advisory Board of DEBRA, America from 2013
Dr Martinez is the Clinical Lead for National Epidermolysis Bullosa Service and sits on the National Training Committee for Paediatric Dermatology. She runs the combined dermatology allergy clinics, the dedicated ichthyosis service and provides a one in two on call service for the department.
Dr Martinez is actively involved in clinical research. She is the Principal Investigator in the current stem cell trial in epidermolysis bullosa and continues to set up and propose research projects and studies in many aspects of paediatric dermatology.
An average of five peer-reviewed journals publications per year, as well as several textbook chapters and published abstracts.
Presentations and conferences
Over five invited international lectures per year.
Great Ormond Street Hospital
International and Private Patients Services
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743