Following qualification Ammani specialised in paediatric respiratory care, working extensively in the fields of paediatric intensive care and paediatric respiratory medicine, particularly cystic fibrosis.
More recently she has been involved in coordinating the work within the Cystic Fibrosis Unit at GOSH. She is extensively involved in joint work with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Department of Health regarding clinical pathways, commissioning of cystic fibrosis care and Peer Review. She now manages the Cystic Fibrosis Unit at GOSH.
Qualifications and training
- 1981 Graduate Diploma in Physiotherapy
- 1991 City & Guilds Further and Adult Education Teaching Certificate
- Fellow of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (FCSP)
- Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Cystic Fibrosis
- British Thoracic Society Cystic Fibrosis Specialist Interest Group
- European Cystic Fibrosis Society
Ammani’s main research interests in the cystic fibrosis field have included exercise and airway clearance and she has played an active role in the work of the UK Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in cystic fibrosis.
She has published very widely and is the co-editor of the third and fourth editions of Physiotherapy for Respiratory and Cardiac Problems.
Level 8 MNH
Great Ormond Street Hospital
Great Ormond Street
Telephone number: 020 7762 6714 (secretary)