- DeJong M, Hodges J, Malik O. (2015). Children after adoption: Exploring their psychological needs. Clin Psychol Psychiatr, Published online DOI: 10.1177/1359104515617519. Due to be published in special edition on adoption.
- DeJong, M. (2014). Other dimensions of developmental influences: Not everything can be explained by attachment theory. In P. Holmes and S. Farnfield (Eds.) Attachment: Theory, Assessment and Interventions. Routledge, E Sussex and NY.
- DeJong M (2014) Domestic abuse and its impact on children. www.Mind-Ed.org (RCPCH)
- DeJong, M. and Marriott, S. (2013). Stress and post-traumatic stress disorder, Paediatrics and Child Health, 23, 1, 30-34.
- DeJong M (2013) Co-author of chapters on child protection concerns in domestic abuse, drug abuse, emotional abuse. Paediatric Companion published by RCPCH.
- Hodges, J (2015) Adoption and Fostering. In Child Psychology and Psychiatry: Frameworks for Practice, eds, D Skuse, H Bruce, L Dowdney and D Mrazek , John Wiley and Sons, Chichester
- Ruegger, M. and DeJong, M. (2013). Children bereaved as a result of domestic homicide: a proposal for an integrated legal and clinical framework within which children’s needs can be met. Family Law Journal, June edition, 693-695.
- Sinead M, Neil M, Ruegger M (2013). The use of narrative in the assessment of children affected by domestic homicide: Care, contact and therapeutic needs. Seen and Heard, 23 (4), 34-47.
Current research interests and clinical developments:
- research project exploring the mental health needs of adopted children
- a comparison of autistic features in a maltreated sample compared to a sample of idiopathic high functioning autism
- piloting and evaluating an emotional regulation group for children with a background of maltreatment
- developing and evaluating a protocol for parent child interaction therapy
- piloting a support group for parents of adopted children
- participation in a pilot project in GOSH Intensive Care on the use of parental diaries to prevent PTSD symptoms