Denise Sheehan has been a Cystic Fibrosis Clinical Nurse Specialist at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) for nine years.
She previously worked at the Royal Brompton Hospital as a senior staff nurse in cardiothoracic medicine.
- Adolescent medicine in relation to cystic fibrosis and the transition of adolescents to adult services.
- Cystic Fibrosis Newborn Screening programme: support and continuing education for families and children.
Qualifications and training
- RGN St Bartholomew’s Hosp London, 1990
- RSCN – Royal Free Hospital London, 1994
- Paediatric Cardio-Thoracic Course, 1995
- Principles of High Dependency Nursing,Thames Valley University 2002
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing, masters level, Kings College University, 2011
- Medical Advisory Panel of the Cystic Fibrosis Holiday Fund
- Member of the Cystic Fibrosis International Nurses Association + UK Body