Patients from overseas and all parts of the UK can be referred to Great Ormond Street Hospital as private patients.
To arrange for a patient to be referred, a copy of a recent medical report, in English, should be sent by
e-mail, post or fax to:
Providing you with a reliable and efficient service is our top priority.
Our responsibilities to you are to:
- manage general referral and other enquiries, and forward the referral or enquiry to the appropriate consultant/secretary for review within 24 hours of receipt
- acknowledge receipt within 24 hours of receipt of a referral, and provide a full response within five working days
- provide an out-patient appointment as soon as an agreeable date is confirmed with the referrer and consultants secretary, and to arrange an in-patient admission as soon as possible following the decision to admit
- appropriately register the patient and record all relevant administrative and clinical information onto the hospital system
- ensure that appropriate funding / letters of authorisation of treatment are sought and received prior to admission / treatment
- arrange tests, investigations and scans to minimise lengths of stay and number of out-patient attendances
For more information please contact Lisa Page on:
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7405 9200 ext 8401
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7762 6743