The Gastroenterology department at Great Ormond Street Hospital is one of the UK’s leading centres of excellence in treating complex diseases affecting the gut and other associated organs (such as the pancreas).
The team see over 5,000 children with chronic and life-limiting gut conditions each year, and have pioneered leading edge treatments for previously incurable diseases. The department sees more children with life-limiting and life-threatening gut disease than any other centre in the UK and by collaborating with leading clinicians and scientists in related fields from the UCL Institute of Child Health, we will ensure we develop the best research to drive forward the treatment of gut-related illnesses on a unique scale.
- a proven track record of translating basic science into clinical therapies to combat diseases
- one of the fastest-growing gastroenterology services in the UK
- the UK’s only gut tissue engineering facility
- recognised academic success in research and development
- unique potential to expand our capacity and meet new challenge areas in treating gut disease and food allergies