Occupational Therapy Student Placements
If you are a UK Occupational Therapy student and are interested in applying for a placement please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in a career in occupational therapy?
We offer a one to two-hour information session on the role and scope of paediatric occupational therapy and our work at Great Ormond Street Hospital. This talk is aimed at those interested in applying for an undergraduate occupational therapy degree programme or a Masters’ programme in occupational therapy (pre-registration). We are unable to offer work experience or shadowing opportunities.
The session includes:
• a pre-reading list to help participants prepare for the session in advance
• a talk presented by two senior occupational therapists
• watching video clips of therapists providing treatment
• hand-outs of the session slides
• group discussion
• a certificate of attendance which can be used to support a university application
During the session, the therapists are available to answer questions about the profession of occupational therapy, their experiences as students and professionals, and about their work with children.
Information Session Dates for 2018:
20 February 2018 between 3.00pm - 5.00pm.
26 June 2018 between 3.00pm - 5.00pm.
27 November 2018 between 3.00pm - 5.00pm.
How to apply:
Email the occupational therapy department to request a place at the session of your choice. email@example.com
Please include the following details in your email:
• Telephone number
• Date of the session you would like to attend
We are only able to run these sessions with a minimum of five attendees and would appreciate forward notice if applicants are not able to attend.