Miffy Transitional Care Unit (TCU) cares for children and young people who need help breathing from a ventilator.
The Unit has five beds.
You can find Miffy TCU on Level 4 of the Southwood Building.
Staff on the ward
Miffy TCU is mainly run by our team of nurses, who work closely with the doctors to help you get better.
Other staff who work on the ward include physiotherapists, social workers, occupational therapists, healthcare assistants, play specialists, psychologists, psychotherapists, dieticians and housekeeping staff.
The following members of staff will be available to help you during your stay on the Miffy TCU:
- Ranjan Suri, Lead Consultant
- Suzanne Cullen, Head of Nursing
- Nicola Pratt, Lead Nurse
- Nicola Nabney, Ward Manager
- Alejandra Godoy, Ward Administrator
- Heather Hatter, Practice Educator
Conditions we treat
Some of the conditions we treat on Miffy TCU include:
- chronic lung disease
- complex respiratory conditions
- complex neuro-muscular disorders
Facilities for children and young people
There is a play area on Miffy TCU with lots of toys for children to play with while they stay on the ward.